Alcohol Premises Licence Consultants in Hull
Our alcohol premises licence application and advocacy consultancy service means that all the complexities and legal requirements of starting an off licence are taken care for you, on your behalf. We will take some basic information from you at the start and we will fulfil the rest of the necessary requirements as an applicant under the Licensing Act 2003 on your behalf. We have gained years of experience of the licensing process and our consultants are highly skilled in this area. Our service means that your time will be free to do what you do best – running your business.
Who Needs a Premises Licence
All premises that are used for ‘licensable activities’, such as the supply of alcohol, require a premises licence. The relevant Local Authority of the premises is responsible for the granting of premises licences.
To apply for an alcohol premises licence you must:
- Send completed premises licence application form to the relevant local authority;
- Send copies of completed application form to other ‘relevant bodies’;
- Supply a plan of the premises in the prescribed form;
- Have the consent of someone to act as premises supervisor (this person must hold a relevant qualification and either hold a personal licence or agree to apply for one);
- Applications must be advertised in the local newspaper and within the premises for a set period of time.
If all the necessary steps are complied with and no reasonable objections to your application are made, then the council will grant your licence. If ‘reasonable’ objections are made then the Local Authority will call a public hearing to discuss your application with a view to rejecting or accepting it.
Cost of Premises Licence - Our Fees
We are upfront with you about our costs from the start. We have two flat fees for our alcohol premises licence application service – standard and enhanced.
Alcohol Premises Licence Application Standard Fee - £475*
The standard fee is the price you pay where the Local Authority grant your licence without calling a council hearing. The standard fee includes:
- Completing all application forms;
- Advising on workplace policies that will enable you to meet the Licensing Act 2003 requirements;
- Advising on preventative measures to reduce the chance of objections being made to your application;
- Produce necessary notices for display in your premises and local paper;
- Liaise with relevant bodies.
Premises Licence Enhanced Application Service - £675*
An enhanced fee is payable if any objections are made to your licence application. The enhanced fee is payable when objections to your premises licence application are made, the fee includes:
- Dealing with all paperwork;
- Dealing with any objections;
- Liaising with relevant agencies to satisfy any objections;
- Helping you to implement any changes to your application.
Council Licensing Committee Hearing
If the Council is still not prepared to grant your licence, they will call a Council Hearing to decide how they will continue. This is very rare, as the Council will only call a hearing if reasonable objections to your application have been made, and if the objector(s) will not withdraw their objections after you have made changes to your application or taken other steps. We will advise you from the offset of the likeliness of this occurring, and offer support to counter any objections. For an additional fee, we can attend the hearing and represent your business on your behalf.
If you have recently applied for a premises licence on your own and wish to seek our advice, contact us using our contact form or telephone us on 01482 345 905 to find out more about how we could help.
*Fees quoted cover our fees only and do not include any third party costs such as the local authority application fee, advertising costs etc.